Wine Pairing: Chardonnay
Seared Ahi Tuna Steaks
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 35 mins FOR TUNA STEAKS
FOR TUNA STEAKS
- 2 x 4-6 oz. ahi tuna steaks
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
• 2 tbsp. white sesame seeds
• 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
• Juice of 1 lime (or about 3 tablespoons)
• 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
• 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
• 1 tsp. honey
1. Season tuna steaks all over with salt and pepper. Combine black and white sesame seeds on a shallow plate, then gently press tuna steaks into seeds to coat them on all sides.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add tuna steaks to the pan and sear 30 seconds to 1 minute per side, depending on desired. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Make salad: in a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Add dressing and toss gently. Slice tuna.
- Divide salad between plates and top with tuna.