Wine Pairing: Sauvignon Blanc
Grilled Blackened Snapper
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 12 mins
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Snapper fillets (halved)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (minced
- Mix together the paprika, cayenne, salt, garlic salt, onion salt, thyme, oregano, and pepper.
- Sprinkle over each side of the snapper.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Bring the lemon juice to a simmer in a small saucepan or heat to a simmer in the microwave in a safe dish.
- Remove from heat and add butter. Mix well.
- Right before placing fish on the grill, oil the grill grates well. Make several passes as this will create a nice non-stick surface.
- Grill the snapper about 5 to 6 minutes on one side, until the seasonings are blackened.
- Turn the snapper over and grill for another 5 to 6 minutes until done or until the fish reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 F.
- Once cooked through, remove the fish from grill and plate.
- Add parsley to the lemon butter and spoon a quarter of the butter mixture over each piece of fish.
- Serve with grilled vegetables or your favorite sides.