Pairing: Ice Cold beer
Peel n’ Eat Shrimp
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
FOR THE SHRIMP
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup water
- 2 pounds extra-large shrimp (26-30 per pound), shell split and deveined, thawed if frozen
- Combine Old Bay, butter, beer and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add shrimp and turn heat down to medium. Cover and cook, stirring once, for 3-6 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Keep an eye on it; if you overcook the shrimp, they’ll be tough. Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to serving platter.
- Serve hot or cold with cocktail sauce!