Wine Pairing: Albariño
Creamy Garlic & Parmesan Shrimp
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 pound of shrimp tail on or off
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or reduced fat
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, until just cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet. Sauté garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Pour in the white wine or broth; allow to reduce to half while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and allow sauce to gently simmer for a further minute or so until the cheese melts and sauce thickens.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan, sprinkle with parsley. Taste test sauce and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve over pasta.