Wine pairing: Chardonnay
Enchilado de Langosta (Lobster Creole)
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 30 mins
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 medium ripe Roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 cup white wine (Preferably your choice above)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 lobster tails, shell on, chopped in quarters
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- In a large pan, melt the butter with the oil on medium heat. Add the green pepper, onion, and celery and sauté until the onion and celery are tender.
- Add the garlic and fry an additional minute or two. Add the tomatoes, cumin, wine, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Add 6 lobster tails, shell on, chopped in quarters to the sauce and cook till shells turn pinkish and bright in color.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with fresh cilantro, and serve over rice.