Caribbean Conch Chowder
Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 50 mins
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 Scotch bonnet chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme removed from stem, finely chopped
- 1 tsp allspice ground
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. clam juice
- 1 lemon juice approx. 2 tbsps.
- 1 lbs conch meat cleaned. Tenderized and minced
- 16 oz. chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 small bunch parsley chopped, approx. 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black Peppers to taste
- In a 6 quart stock pot over medium high heat the olive oil. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, carrots, and scotch bonnet. Sauté until soft add garlic, thyme, allspice, and bay leaves. Stir to incorporate and continue to saute until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, clam juice and bring to a boil. Add the conch meat, stir and reduce to a simmer cook for 35 – 40 minutes uncovered.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, green onions and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve soup hot.
- Packaging: Block Frozen
- Gift Box: 5lb Wax Box
- Condition: Product is frozen for shipping to lock in flavor and will arrive frozen or partially thawed.